“The issues discussed have been absolutely relevant. This was a very good exposure”
Mauro Bartezzati, General Director: ELPER Oilfield Engineering (Nigeria) Ltd
“This summit has helped to understand how best local content can work”
Deswandi Muzwar, Supply Chain Manager: Chevron Indonesia
“People have been talking about similar challenges that we are facing… one can learn a lot. This is a very, very important meeting”.
Justino Evuna Akogo Nchama, Deputy Commercial Director: EG LNG Equatorial Guinea
“This was a very thought provoking summit”
Olawole Akoni San, Shell Netherlands
- Position yourself as the partner of choice in front of some of the most influential regional governments and NOCs
- Benchmark Local Content strategy and policy with international case studies
- Engage in dialogue with key stake holders and government representatives to facilitate the implementation of Local Content regulations for your future operations
- Develop lasting relationships across the supply chain
- Establish your brand in a highly competitive market place and align your corporate image with the sustainability agenda
Gaining Competitive Advantage, Delivering Sustainable Projects and Developing Strong Partnerships
The Global Local Content Summit 2012 is the world's leading gathering of senior local content decision makers from across the globe. This year’s Summit will showcase a series of international case studies delivered by Government Officials, National Oil Companies and senior representatives from the International Oil and Gas Community.
Combining high-level presentations with interactive discussions and panels, the event delivers world-class insight into local content progress worldwide. It also presents unparalleled networking opportunities to facilitate new joint ventures across the oil and gas industry and provide access to high level governmental delegations.
In this exclusive interview, Oil & Gas iQ speaks with the Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board, Ernest Nwapa, about how local content has progressed in his country.
In the course of the interview, Ernest touches on:
- Changes in the approach of IOCs to local content after the passing of the Nigerian Local Content Act of 2010
- What frontier countries embarking on local content strategies can learn from the Nigerian story
- Looking at the pros and cons of Petrobras and Brazil’s attitude towards local content
- The importance of stimulating SME growth in the development of a winning national development strategy
- Inclusiveness – all rungs of the ladder need to have equal access to the benefits of a local content stratagem
Themes to be explored this year include:
New Frontiers in Africa: A special focus on the new players in Local Content Policy Development including insight into Tanzania and Ghana. Hear how policies and regulations have been implemented and how the key players involved are aligning their Local Content strategies.
Focus on MENA: A special section dedicated to exploring Local Content developments in the Middle East. What are the implications of the Arab Spring top the international Oil and Gas community.
Special Focus on Latin America: An in depth look into Local Content development in Brazil and Mexico. Hear how policies and regulations have been implemented and how the key players involved are aligning their Local Content strategies.
Workshop Day: Take part in interactive workshop sessions designed to develop skills and facilitate practical learning. Take away strategies and insights that you can implement into your Local Content or sustainability programme.
Over the last 8 years we have:
- Connected over 1000 of the industries most experienced Local Content practitioners
- Promoted and developed local content initiatives and practices in over 40 countries
- Provided the industry’s top companies with exclusive networking opportunities with like-minded professionals in Local Content
A truly global meeting
Scroll over the countries for just a small selection of who this event attracts
year after year:
Photos from previous Global Local Content Summits: